"My name is Natalya Chilina. I am a web developer and designer working and living in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario. I specialize in the creation of responsive and unique websites with emphasis on web standards."
My name is Natalya Chilina. I am a web developer and designer working and living in Greater Toronto Area, Ontario.
I have been working in the area of design and web development for more than six years.
I specialize in the creation of responsive and unique websites with emphasis on web standards.
As a web designer I am proficient with Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver, and WordPress.
I also have extensive experience in SEO, SEM , and Social Media Management.
Please, read my resume for more details.
Sep., 2015 – Present
Web Designer and Developer, Medical News Bulletin
Designed Medical News Bulletin website (www.medicalnewsbulletin.com) using "Newspaper" WordPress theme, including installation and configuring of all necessary plugins. Provided regular website updates and maintenance.
Created Graphic Design and UX Deign for all Single Page Applications using Photoshop, Illustrator.
Utilized SEO /SEM techniques and tools (including Google Analytics, Google Search Console, and Google AdWords) to increase organic and paid website traffic.
According to Google Analytics, the number of website monthly visitors increased by 1178% within one year and 5 month period (from Sep. 2015 to Feb. 2017). The bounce rate decreased by 98%.
In November 2016, Medical News Bulletin website was included in Google News that shows that the website satisfies Google's Quality Guidelines.
Managed Medical News Bulletin social media advertisements.
Managed Google AdSense ads placement on the website.
Sep., 2015 – Present
Web Designer and Developer, Wilderman Medical Clinic
Designed Wilderman Medical Clinic website (http://drwilderman.com) using "Dandelion" WordPress theme, including installation and configuring of all necessary plugins.
Provided regular website updates and maintenance.
Designed and developed Wilderman Cosmetic Clinic website (http://cosmetics.drwilderman.com) using a child theme of Twenty Eleven WordPress theme, including installation and configuring of all necessary plugins.
Used Local SEO strategies to improve online visibility of Wilderman Cosmetic Clinic and Wilderman Medical Clinic.
Managed media assets, created marketing material including news flyers, brochures, and newsletter templates using Photoshop and Illustrator. Provided updates and maintenance for Canadian Centre for Clinical Trials website (clinicaltrialscanada.com). Designed and developed A Guide For Diabetes website (http://diabetes.clinicaltrialscanada.com) using a child theme of Twenty Eleven WordPress theme.
Jan., 2010 - Present
Designer and Developer
Please, visit my online portfolio to see my projects.
Aug., 2012 - Mar., 2016
Autism Ontario Toronto Chapter
Responsible for design, information architecture and updates of Toronto Chapter pages that are part of a Autism Ontario website.
Editing and preparation of images and PDF files for the web.
Jan., 2012 - PresentWeb Designer and Developer, Co-Founder of Autism Path - North York Parent Support Group
Software: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Dreamweaver
• Media Queries
• Responsive Web Design
(This website is built using Responsive Web Design techniques)
• Search Engine Optimisation
• Cross Browser Compatibility
• ROA Certificate in Computer Graphics
Design and Layout, 2013
• MS in Mathematics, 2003
Volunteer Work/ Activities:
• Attended Allergan Medical Institute event on “Practice Management Excellence – New Insights For Success” at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto on June 2, 2016
• Co-Founded Autism Path - North York Parent Support Group for parents with autistic kids, and co-facilitated over 20 parent support meetings and several guest speaker presentations to support family education.
• Designed and Developed www.autism-path.com - the website, which is an information resource for parents who wants to learn more about this developmental disorder, find strategies to improve their kids' ability to learn, communicate and play with peers.
• Made presentations and provided information at Autism Path and Autism Ontario Toronto Chapter parent support meetings, including topics about BioMedical Intervention and Summer Camps Integration.
• Participated in Teaching Workshops and Math Club (North Dakota State University, Fargo, USA)
Honors and Awards:
• Outstanding Teaching Assistant award, May 2003
Painting in acrylic and watercolor, yoga, camping, hiking, cycling, canoeing